Pistachio protein shake recipe
Pistachio milk is a plant-based milk alternative that is made from ground pistachios and water. It is a creamy, nutty, and flavorful milk that is naturally sweet and has a unique green color.
Pistachio milk is a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or have dairy allergies, as it is dairy-free and vegan-friendly. It is also a good source of nutrients, including protein, healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, and potassium.
To make pistachio milk at home, you can soak raw or roasted pistachios in water overnight, blend them with fresh water, and strain the mixture through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth. You can customize the sweetness and flavor of the milk by adding vanilla extract, honey, or other natural sweeteners.
Pistachio milk can be used as a dairy-free milk substitute in a variety of recipes, including smoothies, oatmeal, cereal, and baked goods. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a refreshing and nutritious beverage.
Overall, pistachio milk is a tasty and healthy milk alternative that offers a range of benefits and can be a great addition to a balanced and plant-based diet.
Benefits of using nut milks
Here are some potential benefits of using nut milk:
- Lactose-free: Nut milk is a great alternative for those who are lactose intolerant or have dairy allergies, as it is dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
- Nutritious: Nut milk is a good source of nutrients such as protein, healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, and potassium.
- Low in calories: Most nut milks are lower in calories compared to cow’s milk, making them a great option for those who are watching their calorie intake.
- Lowers cholesterol: Studies have shown that consuming nut milk may help lower cholesterol levels, especially in individuals with high cholesterol.
- Good for digestion: Nut milk is also easier to digest compared to cow’s milk, as it contains less lactose and casein, which can cause digestive discomfort for some individuals.
- Versatile: Nut milk can be used as a dairy-free milk substitute in a variety of recipes, including smoothies, oatmeal, cereal, and baked goods. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a refreshing and nutritious beverage.
Overall, using nut milk instead of cow’s milk offers a range of potential benefits and can be a great addition to a healthy and balanced diet.
- 1 scoop of protein powder (whey, casein, or plant-based)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Ice cubes (as needed)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add ice cubes as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour the shake into a glass and enjoy!
This shake contains a good amount of protein from the protein powder, Greek yogurt, and almond butter, making it a great post-workout option or a quick and easy breakfast on the go. The berries provide natural sweetness and antioxidants, while the nut milk and almond butter add healthy fats and a creamy texture. Feel free to adjust the ingredients and quantities to your taste and nutritional needs. Enjoy!
Here is an example of the macronutrient breakdown for a high-protein shake:
- Protein: 30 grams
- Carbohydrates: 15 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
Note that these macros can vary depending on the ingredients you use in your high-protein shake. To increase the protein content, you can add ingredients such as whey protein powder, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or nut butter. To keep the carb content low, you can use unsweetened almond milk or water instead of juice or sweetened milk. And to add healthy fats, you can include ingredients such as avocado, chia seeds, or flax seeds.
Keep in mind that your specific macronutrient needs may vary depending on your individual goals and dietary requirements. It’s always a good idea to consult with a registered dietitian or healthcare professional before making any significant changes to your diet.